Evaluation of edutopia!
edutopia.org requires you to sign in but it’s totally painless. Just click on your icon of choice (Twitter, Google, etc.) and you are automatically signed up and signed in!
Support for reading in the content areas πedutopia.org
There is no “button” for this but I did put in a search: literacy in the content area. This yielded 176 results to a variety of blogs and articles. When I searched for “reading in the content area”, I found 435 articles and blogs that offered a variety of content areas from math to technology to STEM. Many of the articles include videos. You can even comment on the article and start a discussion.
Ease of navigation ⛜
Topics, videos, community, sign in, and the magnifying glass icon are the five buttons on the orange navigation bar. Super clean! The orange bar also has the edutopia logo that takes you to the homepage. No matter where I visited within the site or what I clicked on, the orange bar was always there. You won’t get lost here!
Availability of classroom resources π«
YES!
Just click on topics and have your pick. Included topics: project-based learning, social and emotional learning, comprehensive assessment, teacher development, integrated studies, and technology integration. Click on the blue “all topics” link and you will see more topics, from a-d.
Usability for intended audience: students, parents, teachers, or a combination π
In need of administrative advice? Just type in administrators and 1701 results are there for you! You will find everything in a blog or article from helping teachers to collaborate, to conducting evaluations.
Usability for teachers? See above! I will also add that there are heading topics in arts integration, outdoor education, place-based learning, assessments, and teacher development.
Students? It appears that this website caters to educators and how they can best serve their students.
Parents? I searched “parents” and found parent partnership. This is for parents who are interested in working with their childrens’ teachers and school communities.
Overall, edutopia is a great site to learn and be inspired. It lives up to its name, for sure!
Reference
edutopia. (n.d). Retrieved May 23, 2017, from edutopia.org
Comments
Post a Comment