National Center for Fair & Open Testing



The National Center for Fair & Open Testing https://www.fairtest.org/

The mission is to end the misuses and flaws of standardized testing and to ensure that evaluations are transparent and fair for students, teachers, and schools. 



Support for reading in the content areas?  ↴
The only way you will find the word literacy or reading on this site is to type it into the search bar. I did so and found articles and papers written on legislation, reform, the high stakes testing debate, funding, and assessment. There are no actual classroom or teacher resources available that support reading in the content area.   



Ease of navigation? 
The search bar includes the following: public schools, college admissions, newsletter, fact sheets, act now, news, and other resources.  No matter what I clicked on, except for useful links, I never left the site and the menu bar was always there.  I say it passed the Gomer Pyle test.  Sha-Zam! Translation: awesome!



Availability of classroom resources? 😕
Well here again, this website is not intended to supply classroom resources.  I typed in classroom resources into the search bar and found articles and documents on authentic assessment and accountability. Many links did not work or redirected to the current homepage. I did get a lucky click! Edc.org is a website that is useful for supplying classroom resources but I had to do a lot of clicking within the site. Gomer would comment, “gall-lee” 😲.  As a matter of fact, I tried to backtrack my clicks to find the start but to no avail, so here is the site: https://store.lab-aids.com/high-school-curriculum/edc-earth-science. If you have time to dig, you can find classroom resources.     



Usability for intended audience: students, parents, teachers, or a combination? ⤵
On the right side of the web page, there are three blue boxes. One is titled, “What’s New at FairTest”.  http://www.fairtest.org/sites/default/files/YoungChildTestingFactSheet2017.pdf

This link is titled, “Standardized Testing and Young Children”.  This is a fact sheet for families.
Under the “public school” link in the menu bar, there is a link titled “teachers”.

This website is useful if you are interested in advocating for fair testing and keeping up to date with current policy and legislation as it relates to standardized testing. It's also a good resource for parents who want to be informed about standardized testing. 
  





                                                                     Reference 

FairTest. (n.d). Retrieved June 21, 2017 from http://www.fairtest.org/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Study Guides And Strategies website evaluation

Evaluation of edutopia!