National Geographic Education evaluation


National Geographic Society is AMAZING!!! Click now, you won’t be disappointed!
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/education/



Support for reading in the content areas? πŸ‘
Click on the little magnifying glass and type in “writing”.  It leads you to 208 results! You can narrow your search by subject, grade, and type (lesson, video, activity, etc.).  Just a few of the lessons I saw were robotics, oceans, history, geography, and energy. The list goes on and on!
Type in ‘reading” and you will see 252 results. Again, a multitude of sources!  For kicks, I typed in “reading in math”. Guess what? There were 297 results! I know. I was shocked too!  Currency, STEM, measurements, golden ratio, it’s all too much for my brain to handle! 😲
Go to teaching resources in the navigation bar and click on units. Under subjects, choose reading.
A project based learning unit with nine lessons that incorporate literacy? Yes, thank you!   

 



Ease of navigation? πŸ‘πŸ‘Ž
Education has its own homepage within the National Geographic website.

Here is where it can get tricky! Once you start clicking and getting “deep”, you can get lost. Click on mapping and the sub, GeoStories. Oh no, where did the nice little menu bar go that contained the education button? ☹ Two options: back arrow out or hover over the new menu bar to find the education link. If you click on the blog, you must also back out. Other than that, I had no issues navigating.
If you do click on the National Geographic logo, it will take you the main page, not the education home page.



Availability of classroom resources? Are you kidding me? πŸ‘
That and a whole bag of skittles. It’s a resource of rainbows! Do you need a video, an activity, lesson plans, ideas, articles? It’s all here! Literacy resources and so much more are just a click away. 



Usability for intended audience: students, parents, teachers, or a combination? 😢
This educator site is made for educators and parents but mostly educators.



Overall, this site earns an A+.  I can’t believe I have not explored it before now!     




Reference

National Geographic. (n.d). Retrieved May 31, 2017 from www.nationalgeographic.com/education/
https://www.nationalgeographic.org/education/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Study Guides And Strategies website evaluation

Evaluation of edutopia!

National Center for Fair & Open Testing